The home trends for 2019 are here. My advice is to choose a few that you love and that fit into what you already have.
– Artisan lighting fixtures from local artists and small businesses
– Street-inspired art
– Fresh, natural materials such as granite, copper,stone, concrete
– Velvet furniture (and I expect corduroy to be next!)
– Floral patterns in wallpaper (in entire rooms, not just accent walls)
– Still lots of mixed metals, used together with gold making a comeback
– Richer color palettes- like greens!
– Lots of geometric patterns
– Vintage lighting / full on Art Deco if you can dig it!
– Designed ceilings – paint, wood, beams, wallpaper, etc.
– Matte finishes – especially matte black
– Bar carts
– Canopy beds
– Colorful kitchen appliances
– Plants making a comeback
– Agate-inspired walls and art
– 70’s styling
And, in case you were laying awake wondering, the 2019 Pantone Color of the Year is Living Coral.